Sunday 9 March 2008

China & cruelty

This isn't really directly related to politics, but for my journalism issues assignment I've been having to buy the "fabulous" piece of journalism that is the Daily Mail/Mail on Sunday.

Today I saw this article, which made me sick & really upset.

Olympics clean up Chinese style: Inside Beijing's shocking death camp for cats


This is absolutely disgusting. As if China's policy on baby girls isn't bad enough, they do this to poor defenceless animals?

I cannot believe the world supports this sick, perverse country by allowing them to host the Olympic games. And I especially cannot believe our own government wants to have good relations with this country. Trade between the UK and China amounted to about £20.2 billion in 2007. Surely we should be distancing ourselves from this country until they sort out their human and animal rights?


And yes, I do feel sort of dirty for agreeing with something in the Mail!

Sources:
The Mail on Sunday article
BBC: Brown's first China visit as PM

No comments: